Advancement Services Manager
- 25-Jul-2022 to 12-Aug-2022
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Advancement Services Manager
Associate Vice President for Advancement
The Advancement Services Manager supports the development and engagement of the College's alumni and donors through database management, gift administration, document management, and oversight of the Advancement Services Specialist. The manager provides assistance and training to Advancement staff and front-end users on the Raiser's Edge database.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Oversees the integrity, performance and quality of data, systems (including Raiser's Edge and NXT, OLX, Give Campus, PaperSave, Double the Donation, etc.) and constituent information.
- Designs database queries and produces weekly campaign progress reports, annual stewardship reports, and other regular reports.
- Collaborates with the College's finance office, ITS department and other campus departments as well as Blackbaud and other related software vendors.
- Provides support to the Annual Giving team, including management of solicitations, phone-a-thon materials, and gift and participation reporting.
- Manages gift acknowledgement and pledge reminder processes.
- Assists in drafting memoranda of understanding, gift agreements and other types of documentation in accord with donors' intentions.
- Ensures the College's compliance with regulations governing fundraising and gift processing.
- Oversees the work of the Advancement Services Specialist including gift processing and receipting, data maintenance, report and mailing list generation, and budget activities.
- Provides database training to Advancement staff,
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Advancement Services Specialist
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and NXT.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of a private, liberal arts and sciences college and a commitment to promoting its philosophy, mission and objectives, and the ability to translate these into creative fundraising strategies.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write and speak with precision.
- Ability to handle complex situations and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of accounting methods and practices.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person and via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Occasionally required to perform after-hours works (nights, weekends) for departmental events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 3-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a college advancement office. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.