Athletic Trainer I/Athletic Insurance Coordinator
- 12-Jul-2022 to 14-Sep-2022
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Athletic Trainer I/Athletic Insurance Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Sports Medicine
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time (10 months)
Assists the Director of Sport Medicine in all aspects of the day-to-day function of the sports medicine department. Also assists in sports coverage for Eckerd College's NCAA Division II athletics program, and serves as a main point of contact between Eckerd College Athletics and all insurance providers.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Provide athletic training services for the College athletic department as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine, including attendance at scheduled team practices and competitions as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling all student-athletes for physical examinations, and medical referrals.
- Consult with the Team Physician(s) for guidance on the treatment of injured student-athletes, and report on their progress.
- Assist in recruiting and maintaining local physicians to serve as team physicians and medical consultants, and to assist with pre-participation physical examinations.
- Assist the athletic staff in efforts of injury prevention.
- Maintain the athletic training facilities and equipment, keeping them in good working condition and using meticulous sanitation procedures.
- Maintain supplies for the treatment of injuries, first aid, and rehabilitation.
- Assist with clinical supervision of athletic training students from accredited programs.
- Assist with the compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of all medical records on College student-athletes, and share in the responsibility of maintaining and organizing the online athletic training facility filing system.
- Secure and maintain all student-athletes' insurance policy information.
- Review and approve insurance claims and medical bills associated with a student-athlete's intercollegiate sports injury.
- Serve as main contact between Sports Medicine department and athletic injury insurance claims personnel in regards to athletic injury claims, billing statements, EOB's and all other supporting documentation as needed.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Athletic Training Students
- Student Workers
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making critical decisions regarding health, safety, and well-being of student athletes.
- Basic knowledge of medical insurance and intercollegiate athletic insurance processes.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to move and transport equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent prolonged periods of standing or walking.
- Frequently works outdoor practices and games in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Occasionally operates motor vehicles, including golf carts.
Education, Experience, and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or related field; 2+ years of sports medicine/athletic training experience at the college level preferred
- Active certification by the Board of Certification (BOC)
- Active National Athletic Training Association (NATA) certification.
- First Aid/CPR/AED professional certification.
- Licensure by the Florida Department of Health, or eligible for such.
- Valid driver license.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or email@example.com.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media