- 25-Jul-2022 to 08-Aug-2022
- - Mail Room
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Mail Services Supervisor
Handles receiving, delivering and processing all incoming and outgoing mail from USPS. Receives and distributes parcels and packages from carriers such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, and other motor freight deliveries. Provides customer service and all necessary assistance to students, staff, and faculty in the handling of their postal and shipping needs.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Sort and process all incoming packages through the package tracking system.
- Deliver and pick up mail and packages from offices on campus and off-campus locations; transport packages via golf cart or van as necessary.
- Physically distribute mail and packages by cart or dolly to various departments throughout the campus.
- Operate meter machines, sell stamps, and handle money.
- Process packages for overnight delivery and special handling through UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS.
- Assist in sorting, processing, shipping, receiving, and bulk mail preparations.
- Maintain logs and paperwork for follow up and tracking purposes.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Ability to read, interpret, organize, and apply basic clerical skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Basic skills in typing and data entry.
- Self-motivation and customer service personality is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to move and transport packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to ascend and descend staircases.
- Frequently required to move in different positions to accomplish tasks, sometimes in tight/confined spaces.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel; use hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to spend large part of day standing or moving around.
- Occasionally required to operate golf carts to transport equipment on campus.
- Occasionally required to perform work after-hours (nights, weekends).
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalency; experience in bulk mail, mailing industry, or fulfillment services preferred.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To learn more about the policy or to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement, please contact Eckerd Human Resources at 727-864-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media