Assistant Director of Study Abroad
- 01-Sep-2022 to 30-Sep-2022
- - Global Education
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Assistant Director of Study Abroad
Associate Dean, Global Education
Serves as primary communication manager for 500-600 students and parents participating in the Study Abroad program. Provides administrative oversight of the application process, health and safety information, and communications with students and parents about academic offerings, enrollment, registration, and travel. Coordinates pre-departure orientation and re-entry and presents program information to large groups.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Conduct individual and group advising to students on academic and personal goals, program selection, health and safety issues, inter-cultural competence, etc.
- Contribute to and lead projects in areas such as marketing and outreach, curriculum integration, program assessment, peer advisor/ambassador program development as assigned by the Associate Dean.
- Lead large-group information and pre-departure sessions for students, faculty, and other campus constituents such as parents (also in conjunction with campus-wide events, e.g., Admissions and Family Weekend events). Develop expertise and understanding of the College's curriculum, degree requirements, and academic policies to ensure accurate and proactive advising to students.
- Administer online application/approval/admissions processes for programs, monitoring compliance with requirements and policies and maintaining accurate and up-to-date student records; serve as the primary contact for Terra Dotta and website content maintenance.
- Assist in program development and management/administration of Lafayette-led programs as needed.
- Provide support with crisis management in the case of off-campus student emergencies.
- Develop and maintain informational materials, such as handbooks, presentations, informational brochures, etc. for students, faculty, parents, and other offices on best practices and issues pertaining to off-campus study.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Cross-cultural awareness based on living and/or working abroad
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Demonstrated skills in administration in the field of international education/study abroad and student support required.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills required. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and capacity to maintain composure in times of crisis.
- Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel; experience with Terra Dotta software preferred
- Ability to handle multiple and complex responsibilities with competing priorities and time-sensitivity.
- Ability to complete work with accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person and via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Occasional after-hours work required (nights, weekends) particularly when programs are active.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Masters preferred); 2-4 years of professional experience in international education.
- Experience advising and supporting college-age students
- Experience in administering programs in a higher education setting required.
- Experience in program/event marketing and hosting student events.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media