Administrative Coordinator, NAS
- 12-Sep-2022 to 26-Sep-2022
- - Natural Sciences Collegium
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Part Time
Administrative Coordinator, NAS
Chair, Natural Sciences
Provides administrative assistance to the collegial chair and the faculty of the Natural Sciences Collegium. Serves as the receptionist and office coordinator for the collegium and CSL. This position requires strong skills in written and oral communication, office organization, spreadsheet, and word processing. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment are necessary.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Support Marine Science faculty by performing a variety of tasks including copying and printing exams, organizing meetings, scheduling meeting locations, processing reimbursements, processing and organizing student workers, and coordinating with Marine Science paraprofessionals.
- Plan departmental events including visiting scientist seminars, research symposia, and student events.
- Plan and organize faculty candidate arrival, lodging, interviews, and departure with search committees.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails to the Marine Science main office.
- Provide assistance to students, prospective students, and families.
- Pick up, sort, and disseminate mail and packages to appropriate faculty members.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Pro and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and budget management principles.
- Skills in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of office equipment including printers, scanners, computers, and telephone.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Skills in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Prolonged stationary periods requiring using a computer and communicating with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment including calculator, copy machine, and filing systems.
- Occasionally required to move and transport items and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional after-hours work required for public events.
Education and Experience (minimum combined education and experience needed for position)
High School diploma or equivalency, at least two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role required. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media