- 10-Oct-2022 to 25-Oct-2022
- - Registrar's Office
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Associate Registrar plays a leadership role in the management and execution of the day-to-day operations of the Registrar's office and has the authority to act on behalf of the Registrar when necessary. The position works to ensure a culture of continuous improvement related to student service, faculty engagement, and policy and regulatory adherence.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the office including course registration, grade processing, transcript review, clearance for graduation, and petitions.
- Participates in the development, implementation policies, objectives, and short and long-range planning.
- Assesses, develops, and implements appropriate technology systems to facilitate the work of the office.
- Serves as the lead on ensuring the accuracy of all student records.
- Acts as liaison with the Office of Admission on all issues related to transfer admission.
- Advises students and faculty on academic policies.
- Coordinates summer school scheduling and enrollment.
- Serves as a member of the Commencement planning team, attending the event to oversee the distribution of diplomas.
- Conducts data analysis and quality reviews, ensuring compliance with all institutional, state, federal, and accreditation requirements.
- Maintains and updates Hurricane Plan.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and complete work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong technology skills and demonstrated ability to leverage technology in the improvement of office procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and departments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while meeting key deadlines.
- Ability to process information logically and to determine appropriate solutions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive data.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer and other office equipment.
- Occasionally required to move around campus for meetings and presentations
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person or via email,
- Occasionally required to move and transport objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus at least two (2) years of experience in higher education; experience with Banner (or comparable student information system) and statistical software (SPSS, R, etc.) preferred. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media