Director of Budget Planning and Analysis
- 22-Nov-2022 to 21-Dec-2022
- - Business Office
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Director of Budget Planning and Analysis
Department: Business Office
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Vice President and Controller
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supports Eckerd College's goals for financial resilience and sustainable resources. This role is key to the strategic direction and oversight of budget allocation and long-range expenditure plans. This position will perform complex financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting for the College and various College departments; initiates the development and monitoring of the College's operating and capital budgets through a clear, effective and transparent process; regularly communicates and consults with departmental and divisional staff to optimize resources; conducts research and cost-benefit analyses; identifies efficiencies and cost savings; creates monthly reports for distribution to College Vice Presidents, Deans and Collegium Chairs; and monitors compliance.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Initiate the planning process and development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the College.
- Develop multi-year forecasts of operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare and review monthly budget reports and variance analysis.
- Monitor departmental compliance with the annual budget.
- Reconcile the approved annual budget.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations on annual budget requests and base budget adjustments.
- Develop and propose new approaches and best practices to address complex financial, budget-related problems and issues.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings.
- Regularly monitor college expenditures and college revenues to ensure consistency with approved annual budget.
- Design and deliver training to departments on budget topics. Consults with and advises responsible faculty and staff on fiscal organization; promotes Business Office policies and best practices for meeting College goals.
- Collaborate with other functional areas within the Division of Business & Finance to ensure consistency of messaging to campus.
- Perform ad-hoc requests and complex financial analyses.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, and certifications needed upon entry into the position)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of higher education budgeting and accounting.
- General knowledge of the purpose, functions, and fiscal organization of a college or university budget.
- Basic knowledge of research techniques proficiency with Excel, and familiarity with enterprise software systems, preferably Banner.
- Ability to analyze financial practices of the College, clearly convey financial concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify relevant and usable data sources, selecting appropriate methods of data collection and data analysis, and reporting of conclusions, implications and recommendations.
- Experience building models, reports for executive management, and analyzing large sets of data.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities and organize and plan work and projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
- Frequently required to remain stationary, perform work on a computer, and analyze documents.
- Occasionally required to work after hours in order to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; responsible full-time analytical experience, including five years performing work involving the preparation, justification, and analysis, or the control and administration, of a budget or budgetary program (preferably in a higher education setting).
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media