Student Support Coordinator
- 15-Dec-2022 to 31-Jan-2023
- - Student Affairs
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Student Support Coordinator
Director of Student Outreach and Support
Assist the Director of Student Outreach and Support in supporting students in the success of their academic and personal pursuits by creating a campus environment that supports mental and physical health and wellness. Assist in assessing the health and wellness needs of the campus and creating and implementing innovative programming designed to address identified areas of need. Serve as a member of the College's CARE Team and provides support services to individual students experiencing mental health, medical, personal, and academic challenges.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Assist with the oversight of the CARE Referral Form.
- Serve as the first-line staff member for student intervention by addressing and responding to all referrals made to Student Outreach and Support and /or the CARE Team, including outreach to students who may be reluctant to seek support services on their own.
- Conduct assessment and provide referrals and short-term interventions with students experiencing mental health crises including psychosis, self-harm, harm to others, substance abuse, eating disorders, etc.
- Provide support and appropriate resources for students in need, including those who have experienced sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking (previously or on campus) and those going through the Community Standards conduct or Title IX process.
- Provide education to and consult with Resident Advisors, faculty, and staff on issues related to student mental health, including identifying students of concern and appropriate avenues for making a referral.
- Assist students taking a leave of absence with appropriate procedures and resources/requirements for return after leave.
- Notify and communicate with faculty, staff and parents regarding student medical/psychiatric crises while following appropriate privacy policies.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment of the health education needs of the campus and the dissemination of data/findings to faculty, staff, students, and the Board of Trustees.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the incoming student orientation programs.
- Maintain confidential student records, track and prepare reports on critical mental health, substance abuse, and behavioral incidents in the Maxient System.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Ability to maintain confidential student records, track and prepare reports on critical mental health, substance abuse, and behavioral incidents in the Maxient System.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and exhibit professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information, student interactions and community relations.
- Knowledge of fostering student development within the context of a population inclusive of racial, ethnic, cultural, and sexual difference.
- Skills in interpersonal communication, specifically active and empathetic listening.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Regular after-hours work required (early mornings, nights, weekends) for emergency consultation and planned programs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and communicating with others in person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Occasionally required to move or transport up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to move around campus for meetings and presentations.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field (psychology, social work, counseling, or school counseling) plus at least one (1) year of related experience. Master's degree preferred.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media