- 04-Jan-2023 to 05-Feb-2023
- - Student Affairs
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Director of Residence Life and Leadership Programs
The Residence Coordinator resides on campus and is responsible for assisting in the total administrative and programmatic development of the Eckerd College residential community, which houses 1700+ residents, in support of the institution's mission and the philosophy of the Residence Life program.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate interviews, hiring and placement of ARCs and RAs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ARC and RA training, weekly in-service meetings, and other staff development activities.
- Assist with ensuring the responsible use of the Residence Life budget including use of departmental purchasing cards and track ARC and RA expenditures.
- Create and maintain duty and on-call schedule for RAs, ARCs and professional live on staff.
- Host one-on-one meetings with student staff to establish positive relationship with staff build rapport, and provide guidance as needed.
- Mediate roommate and other resident interpersonal conflicts.
- Assist with the organization and execution of the annual ARC and RA evaluation process, including designing the evaluation, distributing and collecting the evaluation, and correlating the feedback.
- Publish the weekly Residence Life/RA newsletter to be distributed Monday of each week.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule to address student conflicts/emergencies that arise day or night on campus.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of RA programs in the residence halls.
- Maintain Residence Life staff email aliases and Residence Life social media presence.
- Serve as a conduct officer of the College with responsibilities including adjudicating assigned cases, issuing sanctions, and managing relevant documents.
- Assist the Housing Office with the planning and implementation of events such as move-in, check-out, and room draw.
- Serve as the secondary advisor to the Pet Life Program.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Assistant Residence Coordinators (ARCs) and Resident Advisors (RAs)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, intervention, and counseling skills.
- Ability to implement crisis management techniques.
- Commitment to a holistic approach to student development within the context of a population inclusive of racial, ethnic, cultural and sexual difference.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit professionalism and maturity in handling sensitive information and student interactions.
- Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite software.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Required to live-on campus in assigned campus apartment.
- Frequently part of a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule.
- Frequently required to communicate with others in-person or via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
- Frequently required to move around campus and ascend/descend stairs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Arts or Science required; at least one (1) year of experience in Residence Life in a small, private, liberal arts college, as a professional or undergraduate.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media