Student Account Specialist (Assistant Bursar)
- 04-Jan-2023 to 12-Feb-2023
- - Bursar's Office
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Student Account Specialist (Assistant Bursar)
The Student Account Specialist will assist with the administration and management of all functions in the Bursar and Mail Services offices. Works closely with the Bursar providing leadership and oversight to the department staff and responsible for ensuring high quality customer service is provided to students, colleagues and all outside visitors. Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Assist with all daily functions of the Bursar's office that includes cashiering, collections of all AR, billing, refunds, and miscellaneous transactions and assist with the daily functions of the Mail Services department.
- Oversee disbursement of financial aid and reconcile various accounts.
- Meet compliance with Federal Regulations with cash management of Federal Student Aid.
- Assist and facilitate credit card processes and ensure PCI compliance.
- Audit and process credit balance refunds.
- Review application of payment report and resolve any issues to ensure proper posting of payments.
- Monthly reconciliation of various accounts related to AR and miscellaneous transactions.
- Monthly department chargeback reports
- Assist with writing new and update existing procedures.
- Assist with managing the Bursar's webpage with updates.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Manage and oversee unclaimed property for student AR and other student related credit balances.
- Assist with maintaining internal controls related to protecting revenue and cash.
- Assist with the process and issuance of the 1098T tax form reviewing and reconciling amounts reported, following the IRS regulation with collecting social security numbers and addresses for filing 1098T form.
- Process, calculate and adjust tuition and fees for students withdrawing per college's refund policy.
- Manage disbursement of private loans and reconcile cash receipt to disbursement.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Federal programs to the G5 Payment system.
- Reconcile disbursement of Florida State aid to cash receipt of payments.
- Participate in various events involving new student orientation, semester check-in and events held with cash receipt processes
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Attentive to detail and good record-keeping.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent and effective customer service, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, assisting students and others with patience and courtesy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks to completion timely.
- Ability to function independently; ability to communicate effectively with multiple offices and individuals; ability to synchronize accounting practices and information systems.
- Ability to handle and process confidential and sensitive student financial information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to communicate with others via email, video conferencing, chat applications, social media, and/or telephone.
- Ability to operate computer and other office productivity equipment including calculator, copy machine, and filing systems.
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field; 2-4 years of relevant experience. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media