Director of Advancement Services
- 04-Jan-2023 to 05-Feb-2023
- - Advancement
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Director of Advancement Services
Associate Vice President for Advancement
The Director of Advancement Services supports the development and engagement of the College's alumni and donors through database management, gift administration, document management, and oversight of the Gift and Data Entry Specialist. The director provides assistance and training to Advancement staff and front-end users on the Raiser's Edge database.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Serves as the Advancement database administrator, overseeing the integrity, performance and quality of data, systems (including Raiser's Edge and NXT, OLX, Give Campus, Double the Donation, etc.) and constituent information.
- Designs database queries and produces weekly progress reports, annual stewardship reports, and other regular reports.
- Collaborates with the College's finance office, ITS department and other campus departments as well as Blackbaud and other related software vendors.
- Oversees the work of the Gift and Data Entry Specialist including gift processing and receipting, data maintenance, report and mailing list generation, and budget activities.
- Provides support to the Annual Giving team, including management of solicitations, phone-a-thon materials, and gift and participation reporting.
- Manages gift acknowledgement and pledge reminder processes.
- Assists in drafting memoranda of understanding, gift agreements and other types of documentation in accord with donors' intentions.
- Ensures the College's compliance with regulations governing fundraising and gift processing.
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President for Advancement on the development of business processes for the Advancement office.
- Provides database training to Advancement staff and other front-end users, and drafts procedural documentation.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Gift and Data Entry Specialist
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and NXT or similar fundraising software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of a private, liberal arts and sciences college and a commitment to promoting its philosophy, mission and objectives, and the ability to translate these into creative fundraising strategies.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write and speak with precision.
- Ability to handle complex situations and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of accounting methods and practices.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (include travel and after-hours work requirements)
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person and via email, video conferencing, chat applications, and/or telephone.
- Occasionally required to perform after-hours works (nights, weekends) for departmental events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a college advancement office. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media