Administrative Coordinator, Behavioral Sciences
- 03-Feb-2023 to 07-Apr-2023
- - Behavioral Sciences Collegium
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Administrative Coordinator, Behavioral Sciences
Behavioral Sciences Collegium
Chair, Behavioral Sciences
Provides administrative assistance to the professors of the Behavioral Sciences Collegium, which includes the disciplines of Economics, Environmental Studies, Management, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and our newest, Animal Studies. Serves as the office manager, handle budget bookkeeping, and facilitate student employment for the collegium. This position requires strong skills in written and oral communication, office organization, word processing, and data entry. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment are necessary.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Keep ledgers for all account lines for the Collegium and its disciplines, including grants and restricted funds (Excel, Argos, TritonTrack).
- Oversee reimbursements, invoice payments, account transfers, student employment funds, and purchase card expenditures; and keep chair abreast of budget activity.
- Prepare financial transactions for approval; submit and reconcile financial transactions online.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the Collegium, and manage daily tasks including distributing mail, photocopying, answering phones, running errands, filing, etc.
- Maintain office, including stocking kitchen and office supplies, and oversee use of equipment such as Scantron, fax, photocopier, etc.
- Organize monthly collegial lunches and other faculty events.
- Facilitate access to Collegium and faculty office spaces (key, swipe card); schedule use of Collegium's common spaces, e.g., Conference room, Research room, Computer Lab, etc.
- Serve on Emergency Management Group; maintain and update Collegium hurricane plan, telephone tree, faculty evacuation plans, and photo inventory of offices and rooms; implement Collegium COVID-19 plan.
- Assist new faculty with on-boarding processes, business cards, nameplates, phone, online access.
- Type, proofread, and photocopy materials, including handouts, syllabi, exams, letters of recommendation, etc.; keep course offerings and syllabi (past and present) on file, track mentor load numbers, as well as perform miscellaneous faculty "rush" jobs.
- Help professors with their professional responsibilities, including curriculum vitae, manuscripts.
- Support faculty searches by maintaining candidate files and correspondence, arranging car, hotel, and interview schedules for campus visits, scheduling rooms for search committee meetings and teaching/research demonstrations, and then during campus visits, escorting candidates to and from appointments.
- Act as liaison between Behavioral Sciences faculty and all other college offices, and report faculty office and classroom issues.
- Support faculty in utilizing student employment, editing and posting all job ads (TritonTrack), and assisting with the hiring process.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to faculty involved in large projects on behalf of the College (e.g., programming, events, conference planning, etc.).
- Keep professors' class schedules, office hours, dates of travel to conferences and other absences.
- Assist students and visitors to the office; send first-year students information confirming assigned mentors.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Suite, and their equivalents.
- Knowledge of office equipment including computers, telephones, copier, scanner, fax.
- Ability to prioritize requests and tasks, and multi-task efficiently.
- Skills in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail, in a timely manner.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to remain stationary and perform work on a computer.
- Frequently required to communicate with others in person and via email, video conferencing, chat, and/or telephone.
- Occasionally required to move and transport objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Education and Experience (minimum combined education and experience needed for position)
High School diploma or equivalency, at least two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role required.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protect by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.