Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach
- 17-Mar-2023 to 09-Apr-2023
- - Athletics
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Head Coach, Men's & Women's Golf
Director of Athletics
Direct all facets of Eckerd College's NCAA Division II men's and women's golf programs through planning and implementing all training and conditioning of student-athletes, coaching, recruiting, promotions and alumni relations, assuring academic progress, budget preparation, administration management, and scheduling.
Essential Functions (additional non-essential duties may be assigned)
- Manage daily operations of the men's and women's golf programs including planning and conducting practice/training sessions, leading the team in tournaments, and developing players both on and off the course.
- Organize and coordinate all recruitment of potential student-athletes in cooperation with admissions and within NCAA guidelines.
- Monitor the academic progress of each golf student-athlete and provide assistance and tutoring when needed.
- Hire and supervise assistant coach and volunteer assistants.
- Develop, implement, and maintain team policies and procedures.
- Schedule allowable number of non-conference contests, work with SSC on conference contests.
- Manage the program budget, purchase all necessary equipment and uniforms.
- Oversee arrangements for tournaments including travel, lodging, meals, and student-athlete supervision and responsibilities.
- Plan and execute program outreach efforts with campus community, program alumni and families, and local community.
- Assist the Director of Athletics in fundraising efforts, development of the Triton Club annual fund, Matthew T. McDermott Annual Golf Tournament and the annual athletics dinner auction.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
Volunteer Assistant Coaches
- Extensive knowledge of golf fundamentals, techniques, and strategies.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules.
- Ability to identify, recruit, and retain competitive student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skills in cultivating relationships with athletes, alumni, parents, and donors.
- Valid driver license
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Frequently required to move and transport equipment and objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent prolonged periods of standing or walking.
- Frequently works outdoor practices and tournaments in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Occasionally operates motor vehicles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, 5 years of playing and/or coaching experience at the college level
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.