Applications Support Specialist
- 05-May-2023 to 28-May-2023
- - Information Technology
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Information of Technology Services
Position Title: Applications Support Specialist
Immediate Supervisor/Title: Director of Enterprise Applications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) is currently seeking a talented and professional Applications Support Specialist. This position will be part of the Enterprise Applications team. This team implements and supports all of the enterprise applications in use at Eckerd College. These systems include the Banner ERP (Accounting, Payroll, Procurement, Financial Aid, Student Records, HR), Enterprise Reporting, Document Management, Learning Management, and more.
Under the supervision of the Director, this position will be part of the team that implements new enterprise class systems and continues to improve and support existing systems. System locations will vary from SAS, on premise, and in AWS. This position will work in both a Linux and Windows environment.
- Consulting with functional and technical staff members on improvements for the use of existing enterprise applications.
- Analyzing new systems to understand their implementation and support requirements.
- Analyzing and comparing different systems in order to develop plans to integrate data between them.
- Writing SQL queries to produce reports
- Clearly documenting system designs and system processes.
- Night and weekend work as needed to perform maintenance tasks or troubleshoot system outages.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5-8 Years of IT work experience including experience with the technologies listed in the essential functions section
- Experience with both Linux (Redhat/CentOS) and Windows servers
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff
- Proven ability to initiate, track, and manage successfully multiple detail-oriented projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter who will work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with ITS personnel, students, and campus computer users (technical and non-technical)
- A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- 8-10 Years of IT work experience including experience with the technologies listed in the essential functions section
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner
- Experience developing reports in Argos by Evisions
- Experience designing online forms and workflows
- Experience working with AWS EC2 instances
- Understanding of authentication systems including Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth2 and SAML.
Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protect by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
EOE. Applications from women and minorities encouraged.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media