- 11-Sep-2023 to 25-Sep-2023
- - Mail Room
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Full Time
Eckerd College is currently hiring for the position of Mail Clerk to join our auxiliary services team at our waterfront property along the Boca Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg, Florida, in our relationship-focused community. This is a front-line service position that provides assistance to students, staff, and faculty in the handling of their postal and shipping needs.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position.
Eckerd College offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- 100 percent tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents; access to Tuition Exchange network
- HMO and HDHP medical insurance options; employer contribution to HSA for those on the high deductible plan that start date of hire.
- PPO dental and vision insurance networks; employer-provided life, short-term disability, and long-term disability plans that start date of hire.
- Generous employer contribution to employee's retirement plan upon eligibility.
- Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, and personal leave as well as 16+ paid holidays annually.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Sort and process all incoming packages through the package tracking system.
- Deliver and pick up mail and packages from offices on campus and off-campus locations; transport packages via golf cart or van as necessary.
- Physically distribute mail and packages by cart or dolly to various departments throughout the campus.
- Operate meter machines, sell stamps, and handle money.
- Process packages for overnight delivery and special handling through UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS.
- Assist in sorting, processing, shipping, receiving, and bulk mail preparations.
- Maintain logs and paperwork for follow up and tracking purposes.
- High School diploma or equivalency; experience in bulk mail, mailing industry, or fulfillment services preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license and a clean driving record.
How to Apply
All interested candidates must apply online at http://eckerd.hirecentric.com. Follow the instructions to complete the online application which includes creating an applicant profile, uploading a resume and cover letter, completing an application, and identifying references. Employment will require a successful background check.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media